The Board of Trustees’ Staffing and Remuneration Committee has delegated responsibilities as listed below.
Membership of the Staffing and Remuneration Committee
The current members of the committee are:
Alan Lazell (Chair)
Saadat (Sid) Mubashar
Li Li Long
Responsibilities of the Staffing and Remuneration Committee
1. To determine and agree with the Board the framework or broad policy for the remuneration (including pension arrangements) and Terms and Conditions, of the Trust’s Chief Executive Officer, the Trust’s Operational Directors and such other members of the senior management of the Trust as it is designated by the Board to consider.
2. To determine and agree with the Board the Trust wide pay policy and review its operation across the Trust.
3. To approve appropriate remuneration packages for any new Operational Director appointments.
4. To review and approve the design of any performance related pay schemes operated by the Trust.
5. To approve any incremental progression for the CEO and Operational Directors following successful appraisal.
6. To determine and agree with the Board any annual ‘cost of living’ increase in central Trust staff salaries.
7. To ensure that any termination packages including contractual terms and pension benefit entitlements comply with the obligations set out in the Academies Financial Handbook.
8. To agree the policy for authorising claims for expenses from the CEO and Operational Directors
9. To be responsible, along with the CEO, for selecting and appointing any new Operational Directors.
10. To draw any significant recommendations and matters of concern within its remit to the attention of the Trust Board.
11. To review or investigate any other matters referred to the Committee by the Trust Board.